Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Folding ATC's


Yes, I have been playing with paper dolls Again...I can not tell a lie!
Paper dolls I am!


Folding ATC cards




When you fold the doll to fit the card first fold the legs up to the top.
Next fold the arms above her head.  Because the brad in the bodice,
her head can also swivel.  She now fits on your 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 card!


folded


Supplies needed:
                           1.Paper doll stamp set (I used the stamp set
item number 17633)
                    but I often use the item no.  1337
        plate with 4 different sizes
         I used a face from this plate
 2. Flesh colored card stock
3. Print paper for clothing
                        4. Brads in both skin and clothing colors.

 Step a.  Stamp out a separate face and bodice piece.  I remove the top of the corset and the 
lace from the bodice piece to add later.



Corset 2 x 2 1/4
Corset
item number:  2390

 Step 1.  After stamping your paper doll and your print paper clothing.
 Attach the doll arms to the front of the corset 
with a flesh colored brads. 
Art Doll Body Parts 2 x 1 1/4 x 3 1/2; 2 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/2; 2 x 2 1/4

Mounted Paper doll set    
    no. 17633/plate no. 1339


Step 2.  Stamp out a set of legs from your print paper and cut the  top part of the 
leg to make your doll pantaloons. Rounding at the bottom of the knee.
Curtains
item number:  16106



Step 3.  Because the corset had nice lines on it I decided to make the
pantaloons match.  I took the bottom part of the curtain and stamped 
it over the pantaloons.now attach the  legs to the base of the corset. 
 Legs behind corset.
Plate1337
Paper Doll Plate
item number:1337

I used the face from this set for my doll head base.


Step 5.  I choose another Vivalasvegastamps!  Face stamp for this doll.
               I altered her by putting both sticker flowers and 
(later cut flowers) on her a head piece.

Step 5 a.  Attach the ruffle you cut from the print paper bodice
and attach it over the one on the bodice of your doll.

                     Step 5 b.  Attach the the bodice to the card...yes all the way through. 
                                            This is the one that actually attach your doll  to the 
 ATC card.


Beautiful Hibiscus Lady 2 1/4 x 2 3/4
Beautiful Hibiscus Lady
item number: 6735
Step 6.  I glued the altered head to the original face.  I first cut the original head smaller so there
would be no overlap.
                                      This is my first  folding ATC doll, I recommend Practice!



 This doll has a different
attachment placement so her head fold down
over the corset. The legs go up 
and the arms can fold in either directions.

Experimenting is great.

I know there are a lot of very possibly confusing directions.  Please make a comment with your questions and I will get right back to you.

5 comments:

Barbara Rankin said...

Love it. Very clever.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow...I love it..I am always amazed at the wonderful pieces of art that people create..love this

cbee said...

wow, your paper dolls are brilliant!! LOVE them!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow Girl, you deserve big kudo's...this is so very kewl!

Lillibelle said...

What a great idea!
It looks sooo gorgeous.