Monday, September 17, 2012

Time 2 Stamp - Episode #1

Welcome back this morning :)


I shared with you earlier some info about our new show Time 2 Stamp with VLVS! and I'm super excited to bring you the first episode. Every other Monday starting today we'll be sharing videos with you based on VLVS!. We'll be airing tips and tricks, bits n bobs, info, examples, tutorials, DIYs, and anything else you can think of! If you have suggestions, questions or comments be sure to post them here or on our facebook wall so that we can address them each show! We're totally open for suggestion :)

For the debut I've decided to show you how to make your own foil tape. The focal point of the video is on foil tape and creating the faux metal background that is oh so popular since the debut of the September 12 tags of 2012.



so grab the following supplies and get to watching the first episode!
-Tin Foil from the cupboard
-Archival Ink
-Acrylic Paint in black and brown
-Steel Wool
-Cream colored cardstock




To finish the tag I actually DID use the distress ink to distress my fussy cut stamp. I also grabbed "Art is the Last" 18925 and stamped it as the message from my typewriter. I needed Miracle Tape to adhere my goodies down. For additional supplies I used some beautiful May Arts ribbon, TH's film reel , Gears, a vintage pen nib, a butterfly die, some basic grey paper, random eyelets and brads. 


Linking up to Anything But A Card and TH's 12 tags. 

9 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Fantastic DeeDee! I've been wanting to play with foil and you've given what I need to get started!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Bravo DeeDee! It's Time 2 Stamp! Can't wait to get home to play now. Looking forward to the next episode!!!!

Christy said...

This is awesome!!!! I hope you come back to play again at ABAC :) :)

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Awesome..you made playing with foil look easy with the awesome industrial or aged look...soooo got to try it...my kind of Frugal Girl working with some of the stuff you have on hand..love.love the tips and technique..Thank you DeeDee

Barbara Rankin said...

Great video. I love this idea and look forward to more. The foil is wonderful looking, too.

Glenda T. said...

That tag is simply gorgeous!!

Diana Fernandez said...

I love your tag! Don't you just love all that Tim holtz does?? Thanks for joining us at anything but a card!

Unknown said...

I love Ribbon you used at the top! everything looks so incredible! fantastic job!

Julia S-W said...

Great tag and I love your take on Tim's original!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABAC and I hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax