Sunday, December 23, 2012

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Its the the Holiday Season! This year I deiced to make some Christmas cards using Viva Las VegaStamps! of course!

 This first card is a quick fun card I made using Kromecote and Ultra High Gloss clear embossing powder for a fun emboss resist technique.

I stamped the Harlequin Diamond background stamp in clear embossing ink on the Kromecote. I poured the Ultra High Gloss embossing powder over it. After I melted the embossing powder with my heat gun, and it cooled, I took Barn Door distress ink pad and one of the foam pieces and went over the embossed image with the ink. I then took Fire Brick distress ink pad and did it again. I then took a paper towel to wipe off the ink from where it is embossed. it looks like this.




 I trimmed the Kromcote a pit so it can fit on the Kraft card base. I used Miracle tape to attached the Kromecote to the card base.

On white cardstock I stamped the Snow woman in flower hat with black Memento ink pad. I colored her hat and purse with markers. I stamped the head part of the stamp and painted the nose orange. I cut it out and glued it on her. I glossy accented the band of the hat and her eyes. I added some rock candy stickles to her body. I used foam tape to attache her to the card.

On a piece of scrap cardstock I stamped the sentiment, "have yourself a merry little Christmas" and edged it with Crushed Olive distress ink pad.





Stamps I used:
Harlequin Diamond Background
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Snow woman with flower hat

items used:
Kromecote
Ultra High Gloss Embossing powder
Miracle tape
bard door distress ink pad
fire brick distress ink pad
kraft cardstock
white cardstock
black memento ink pad
orange craft paint
markers
rock candy stickles
foam tape
crushed olive distress ink pad

This card is another fun card to make. Its a triple stamping card technique  I saw a friend make one, then saw a youtube video on where she got the idea from. While watching her make the card I got an idea to use a VLVS! stamp with it. Turned out really cute! This is what it looks like uncolored.



I took the 3 white cardstock layers and stack them on top of each other. I then stamped the Santa hits plane with Black Versafine ink pad and then embossed in Ultra High Gloss clear embossing powder. After I embossed the powder I mounted the three white layers onto the green cardstock using Miracle tape. I then colored the image Artist Loft watercolors. I also used pearlesnt watercolors. I should of done that first before mounting them on the green. but live and learn! :P 

Taking a cue from George of the Jungle I stamped out "Watch out for that plane George" with the small alpha's from the plate 1430 on scrap of white cardsock with black soot distress ink pad. cut the words and mounted that on the bottom white layer. 





stamps used

items used
white cardstock
green cardstock
black Versafine ink pad
Black soot distress ink pad
artist loft water color
pearlesent water color




3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Poor Santa! Lol! Lov these cards!

Barbara Rankin said...

Great cards!

Glenda T. said...

I looovveeee the orange!!!