Saturday, January 19, 2013

GODDESS SPARKLE

OK I am going to say I had SO much fun making this. I was so inspired by the awesome and crazy Mark Montano, he put up a tutorial on altered cans. Hmmmmm, my wheels starting turning....I am starting a new job Monday, Its with the same company BUT its a new job.
So i wanted to create something pretty to put on my desk.
ARE YOU READY?
What FUN!

Close up

DON'T EVER LET ANYONE DULL YOUR SPARKLE

So lets get started:
SIDE NOTE: The first stamp " Listening Hearts Hear Angels Sing" is not a Viva LasVegaStamp, however it is on their site under other companies.
The "DONT LET ANYONE EVER DULL YOUR SPARKLE."
The stamp can be located HERE
For my 2nd Post of January I will showcasing the same stamp, but HEY! its the most awesome stamp.

Here is VIVA LAS VEGASTAMPS website and see for yourself all the other awesome sayings.

SUPPLIES:
1. Rinsed out soup can. Or any other can you have, drink mix can, vegetable can.
2. Rubber stamp of your CHOICE.
3. I selected favorite poems that spoke to me.
4. PaperFlowers
5. Ribbons
6. Brads
7. Inks,Sprays or Paints you love. I used twinkling H2o's and Radiant pearls and some Mica Mixers
(FYI- Here is a tutorial on how to make the ALTERED PAPERFLOWER.)
8.MIRACLE TAPE
9. Scrapbook Paper
10. Embellishments: Charms, buttons,glitter etc
11. Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Select your pretty Scrapbook Paper. Cut it to fit around the can. Put Miracle tape on the backside of the paper, i put it one the entire piece. Thats what I LOVE about Miracle Tape, it comes in Sheets!
At this point make your Altered PaperFlowers and let them dry.
2. Attach it around the outside of your can. The inside of my can, I put a few drops of Alcohol Inks in there and let it swish around. Mark Montano spray painted his.
3. I then selected poems, there was two that really spoke to me, because I am careful with copyrights, I also cut out the author of the poem and put it with the poem. I used Miracle Tape to put these on the can.
It sounds super easy and it is, placement took me forever as to me composition is very important to a piece, it has to be pleasing to my eye.
4.Stamp your sentiments on a piece of Scrapbook Paper. Attach to the top and each side of the can.
5. Now its time to use your sprays and inks or really whatever you want to use.
I chose my color scheme and just started spraying. It didn't think, i just wanted color, i wanted sparkle. I wanted this to inspire me at my new job.
6. I attached my flowers, and used some pretty ribbon to highlight the flower. Its ALL in the details, the brads in the middle of the flowers match and then it seems a little dark to me, SO i chose some green ribbon to compliment the purple.
IT'S SO PRETTY!
FYI- Anytime i accidently misjudged the tape and it hung over so therefore it was a sticky place on my art, just sprinkle some glitter.
7. Well if you have ever worked in an office, you know how easy pencils and pens walk off a desk. SO hmmmfph NO ONE is going to get away with taking my pencils LOL I even decorated them!!!!
8. REMEMBER TO MAKE IT YOURS, USE THOSE BUTTONS, CHARMS, BRADS , YOU HAVE BEEN SAVING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL. BECAUSE YOU ARE SPECIAL!
My desk is going to look so Sparkily Goddess Love Shiney Glittery, its going to be full of great energy.

Take care my art friends.
I SO love all the inspiration on this blog. I don't comment like I should, I am a rebel sometimes, I don't mean to it just happens, But I admire each of you.
SO this is dedicated to ALL of you. And the poem I used on my can is located here, Let me know if it speaks to you, as much as it did to me
I AM BECOMING BY JAYNE RELAFORD BROWN

L.
ANg










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece! :)

Anonymous said...

This will absolutely looks awesome on your desk