Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm So Weird...

Hello my fine feathered friends!
Aimee here with a fun tag to share.
 
When I saw this flamingo stamp, I just HAD to have her!
Her proper name is "Bird With Worms",
but I think she's a flamingo :)
I am in love with her!
She's stinking adorable!!
 
 
On this tag I employed a few of my favorite tricks,
one of which is stamping the image directly onto the surface,
then stamping it again on another piece of paper,
coloring, and cutting out just the main part,
then adding over the first image with
pop dots or foam tape.
 
I hope you enjoy this tag as much as I do!
 
Wanna make it?
 
Alllllllllrighty, then!
 
You'll need:
A manilla tag
Distress Inks
Mini Mister with water
Perfect Pearls mist
Foam tape or pop dots
Markers/gel pens/etc
Black ink (I used Archival)
Stickles
Heat gun
Scissors
Adhesive (I used 1/8" Miracle Tape)
Cloud punch
Scrap of card stock
STAMPS!!
 
 
Ink up the tag with Distress Inks.
I used three greens and one blue.
Once the tag is inked to your liking, spray some water into
your hand, and flick it onto the tag to create water drops.
Dry with heat gun.
 
 
Punch 3 clouds from scrap paper.
Place the negative (the peice with the clouds punched out of it)
onto the tag and spray some shimmery mist through it,
to create clouds on the tag.
Dry with heat gun.
Ink up the tags you punched out and set them aside.
 
 
Using pens, markers, whatever you like, sketch grass on the
bottom part of the tag. Fill it in good with mutliple colors.
 
 
Stamp the flamingo using black ink onto the tag.
Dry with heat tool and color with markers.
Stamp flamingo again on white card stock, color, and cut out just her head & body.
Cut out the cute little wormies, too!
 
 
Add cut out flamingo to tag using pop dots or foam tape.
Add a little 1/8" Miracle Tape to the worms and stick them on the tag as well.
 
Add the three punched clouds using foam tape/pop dots.
Stamp sentiment onto tag using black ink.
 
Now for the Stickles!!
 
 
Add Stickles to your flamingo,
and all kinds of green Stickles to the tag for more grass.
Cute, isn't it?


And, here's your wiener!
Sammy trying to snooze.


4 comments:

Julie S said...

Very cute tag. She looks a bit Seuss-esque to me - I like it!

VicR said...

what a fun tag, aimee! love the coloring on that cool bird. her stamps are awesome!

Unknown said...

VERY Cool!

Stamped Impressions said...

Cute tag!