Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My a-MAZE-balls Hat!

amazeballs, title
 Happy November and welcome to our swap with 7 Dots Studio! It's Amy here today, to share a project with colors, Viva Las VegaStamps!, 7 Dots Studio papers, and textures I just love.
my amazeballs hat, FULL, ALLassiter For this project, I started with a page of paper from 7 Dots Studio's Dreamer collection, "Sweet Dreams.". Because the paper already has lovely texture, I grabbed my paints, added a patch of acrylic iridescent green and some splashes of pink (from Folk Art/Plaid), and some splashes of Walnut Distress stain, and black Mix'd Media Inx re-inker (Clearsnap). When the paint dried, I grabbed the Lace Background Stamp (I ordered mine unmounted, and cut them into individual strips), and layered them horizontally across the page....creating even more textural eye candy. I also stamped the background randomly and at different angles, using the French Writing background , Stars 2 x 2 1/4Bullet Hole, and Worn Clockface <===(my go to, on almost every project) Stamps.
layers paper and stamping When I finished my background, I began layering up 7 Dots Studio papers from the Messy Head, Domestic Goddess, and Dreamer collections. I added them in torn strips, and then layered on some stickers from the Domestic Goddess collection, as well.
feather close stamping When it came time to embellish, I used this gorgeous UmWowStudio feather, and stamped with Momento Ink in Tuxedo Black with just the hair portion of the New Age Lady With Hair stamp, and embossed with the Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder....for some fun, natural, and wavy texture.
rose and flair I finished off my project with layers of embellishment, and a title worthy of the hand- crocheted hat my daughter had made for my birthday (the tail reaches to my waist). The a-MAZE-balls stamp was a perfect sentiment for the love of my warm and fuzzy hat, and formed the perfect title with alpha stickers from 7 Dots Studio's Domestic Goddess collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look at my project offering today! Keep your eye out for many lovely pieces of stamped art and 7 Dots Studio throughout the month!!
~Amy

Supplies Used:
Viva Las VegaStamps! (or found in the VLVS! Store): Lace Background,French Writing, Stars 2 x 2 1/4, Bullet Hole, Worn Clock Face, a-maze-balls, New Age Lady With Hair, Momento Ink (tuxedo black), Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder, Miracle Tape.
7 Dots Studio:  collections: Dreamer, Domestic Goddess (stickers, alphas and papers), Messy Head. 
UmWowStudio:  Wild Flowers Flair; Chipboard: Contoured Feather, Gear Mash
Ink: Ranger (distress stain, walnut), Clearsnap, Tsukineko (momento).
Paint: Plaid/Folk Art
Washi Tape: Tim Holtz
Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz, Bead Landing
Snaps, gold and silver jewelry cord, library card, tags--from my stash

1 comment: