Tuesday, February 04, 2014

With Love


Hello! Diana Fisher here with you today to share two cards I made using Viva Las VegaStamps. I have to admit that I made more than two as I was going along. More like four or five. I was trying to get the right color combinations and these two ended up being my favorite. 


To make this card, you would need the feather stamp and the with love stamp. I used a few different colors and kinds of ink to achieve this look, but everything is on one layer, which makes it an easy card to duplicate and customize. 

I used just the top edge of the feather stamp, giving the impression that the ink could have been brushed on (like paint). It is only after looking closely that you can tell it was a feather. 

For the first card, I used VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Thatched Straw), Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Coral), VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Sea Breeze) and Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Teal) for the feathers.

For the words, I used Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Coral), Hero Arts (Pale Tomato), Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Teal) and Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Navy).

The reasons for the shifts in color was the keep the feathering to the side a shade off from the stamping of the words.


For this second card, I used VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Thatched Straw), Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Coral), Hero Arts (Pale Tomato) and VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Red Magic) for the feathers.

For the words, I used a mix of VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Thatched Straw) and Heidi Swapp Dye Ink (Coral) for the first line, then Hero Arts (Pale Tomato) and VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Pixie Dust).


To add a bit of pop to the card, I replaced the 'o' in each of the words 'love' with an enamel dot. It was an easy enough addition and gives the eye something to focus on. 


Thanks for taking a peek at my cards today. I hope I've given you some ideas for fun ways to use color on your cards. 

3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful card!

jo said...

Really striking cards! Love the design and colour choices!

Jo

by belle said...

The color combination and how you used the feather stamp are just fabulous!!!