Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Journaling SAMCRO

One of the things I'm going to try to be better at is journaling the little things that I want to be able to look back on and remember.  One of my favorite shows was the "Sons of Anarchy", LOVED IT!!!!  My husband and I watched it faithfully, all 7 seasons, and I wanted to do a page on how much we loved it. Pay a little homage to Jax if you will. :)

Here is my journal spread and then I will show you how it all came together:
I started out with two pages that I had cleaned my Gelli plate on (I love doing that) after making other pages as well as cleaning stamps on, a great way to use up the extra ink!
Then I had an awesome image of Jax that I had clipped from a magazine and I placed him onto the one page.
Then I saw the left side needed a little something so I stamped the film strip stamp onto it.
Then I painted inside of the film strip so it would tie in with the color on the other page, making it more cohesive.
And once more here is the finished spread
and some close ups
 I love that glob of paint, texture!!!
The stamps I used to make this project are the film strip, bubble wrap texture, tire tread, danger skeleton, line of chevrons, row of stars, censored, one way, arrow, writing arrow, chevrons, not all who wander are lost, french writing background, on the flip side, and last but not least the spotty background! Whew, I don't think I missed any but I sure had fun using all of these stamps!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my project.

5 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

I have no idea who Jax is, but I do love the colours and layers on this page !
Corrie x

Angela Marie said...

Oh how I love jax and miss the whole samcro crew. You knew life was never gonna be the same once Gemma killed Tara, but I still hoped and wished it was some crazy episode where they all woke up and it was a bad dream. Your page is brilliant. I love the colors and the little details like the film strip. Kudos to you for this master piece :)

Angela Marie said...

Oh how I love jax and miss the whole samcro crew. You knew life was never gonna be the same once Gemma killed Tara, but I still hoped and wished it was some crazy episode where they all woke up and it was a bad dream. Your page is brilliant. I love the colors and the little details like the film strip. Kudos to you for this master piece :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv your pages! Thanks for the Jax rush! Lol

Karen said...

Great spread- love that you put the image on it with the story. That is one of my goals this year too.