Wednesday, December 02, 2015

More mailart !

Hello everyone,


It's my turn to try and give you some inspiration for the new Challenge. I have to say that I had a little trouble with this one as red is really not my colour. So this mailart piece you see here is actually my second attempt. The first one ended up being torn up and thrown away... So here it is:



It is based on this inspiration board:



Words to go with this board:  red, stripes, cream, white, christmas, mail, mail art, stamps, letters to santa, glitter, handmade, diy, santa, belts and belt buckles, wishlist, etc. 

I really like this inspiration board but as I said I don't really like using red and I hardly ever do in my crafting. But for this one I took a white envelope, masked off the address area and sponged the red stripes on it with Distress Inks and a blending tool... I used Barndoor and a bit of Fired Brick at the edges. Next I stamped the stitching around the address area and typed the address with my old typewriter. I then looked for a suitable postage stamp and found this one in my stash. Yes, I do collect stamps but only to use in my crafting ! Next I stamped the "Tis the season to be jolly!' around the edges (part of a stamp;  and yes, I cut it up; a full list of stamps used is at the bottom of this post), the deliver to and the staples on/off the postage stamp. The last think I did was stamp the little girl without her crown, drew the Christmas hat on her head, coloured her with Copic Markers, cut her out and adhered her to the envelope. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you will participate in our challenge this month! 





4 comments:

by belle said...

Adorable Corrie!

Sleen said...

So GREAT! The stripes, the girl...I love everything about this.

TetibelleCrafts said...

I know what you mean about red! For some reason red is a creativity blocker for me. I like your results!

Tera Callihan said...

I love this! This is so the Cutest envelope!!!