Thursday, June 30, 2016

She Was A WildFlower Mini Box

Hi!  and Happy Thursday!

Tina here today with my last Viva Las VegaStamps Design Team project.  (insert sad face)

I always love being part of the VLVS team and am always sad when it's time to say Good-Bye!  

For my last project, I thought I'd share one of my favorite types of projects to create, little mini boxes.  Today's mini box doesn't have the typical mini embellishments decorating the inside, instead, I've decided to keep it simple, keeping the focus on the stamp embossed heart.


  I love to stamp emboss with my rubber stamps, but keep the visual impact on my chipboard heart, I prepped my surface with black gesso, then embossed the crackle image with white embossing powder.  Talk about a POW!


To add a bit of iridescence, I sprayed the stamped image with some of my favorite Lindy's Stamp Gang spray mist.  Love how that looks against the black and white.

The inside of the box is simple, just a piece of vintage quilt. 

To add a little more PUNCH to the heart, I added several red-dyed porcupine quills.   



(maybe there is a subliminal message here. Actually in typing this post, there is alot of hidden messages with this project.  They just came to me ;) )

VLVS Stamps Used
Crackle Background  
She was a Wildflower

Thank y'all for supporting me and for sending me positive vibes and kind words!  And a special Thank You to DeeDee!  Your friendship means the world to me!

Have a terrific weekend!


  

1 comment:

Krisy said...

How awesome are those porcupine quills! Such a shame we don't have them in Australia! I will have to find some thing as an alternative but a brilliant idea thanks for sharing!