Friday, September 29, 2017

Find your tribe, love them hard! - by Cheetarah



Hi VLVS! friends! It's Cheetarah here and I've made this fun and Funky note card to share with you. I've used some delish neon inks (Fiona made me catch that bug - LOL!) and some fun VLVS! mixed media stamps. A full list is down below.


How I made this: I took a piece of cardboard, heavy gel medium and scraped it through a stencil (The crafter's workshop obelong) then covered it with a coat of black gesso. Then got an ink palette and poured in a couple of drops of neon ink (from J. Herbin calligraphy neon set) and used my fingers to add the color onto the card, creating the color hue you see on it.

This is how it looked when dried.  When it was drying, I went to work with the focal image, colors and cut that out as well as the arrows and the text. I used some washi tape to ground the "tribe" and added some texture by scribbling in the cut out pieces and stamping in the background.




It was really fun making this card as I got to work with colors I usually do not work with (neons) and I got more use of my calligraphy inks this way as well.

Stamps used:
Find your tribe by Cat Kerr 
Whimsical People
Row of chevrons
Stitching
Writing Chevron

Others:
Heavy Gel Medium
Black Gesso
TCW obelong stencil
J. Herbin neon calligraphy inks
Stazon ink pads
uniball signo blue pen
washi tape

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

That's so cool! Amazing!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great card, I love the almost neon colors!