Monday, September 11, 2017

Mail Art Monday: You're Awesome! - by Cheetarah

Hey everyone, it's Cheetarah here and I've got a fun make to share with you for this MAM! 

I got inspired by our beautiful fall challenge board, the colors and the whimsical fox... I just had to do something with that :) A full list of materials and stamps used is at the bottom of the post. 



So I started off  by taking out an envelope, stamped the fox in the center left and blocked a part for the address with post it tape. Smudged some distress oxides in lovely fall colors on my craft sheet, spritzed some water and created a background base color. 

I added splashes of color and dried in between layers until I was satisfied with the blend. Then took out some lovely VLVS! mixed media and mail art related stamps to add more interest and texture. 

I used my Kaleidacolor autumn leaves pad for this as it fits the color theme. I created a border around the masked off aria and the fox with the punichella waste stamp. Some crosses and squiggly lines and added postage and stamps in the top right corner from the ATC size postcard stamp. You can see I cut my cross marks back ground in 1//2 because I found that more manageable for me. That is the beauty of buying unmounted, it's very flexible in use!

Now on to the focal image. I stamped the fox on sticker paper and colored with alcohol markers and fussy cut it out and adhered it to the envelope. 

Adhered some washitape to ground him, stamped "you're awesome" at the bottom of the address section and doodled around the white edges and called it done!

Stamps used: 

Hopefully this has inspired you to join in the september challenge

Have a great day!


1 comment:

Sande said...

This is just adorable. The fox is just too cute and more so because Fox has been my nickname for 60+ years. Just love your project and all it inspires.