Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Creepy Mixed Media Tag - Challenge Inspiration by Susanne

Hi there!

Susanne here today and I'd like give you a little bit of inspiration to join our October challenge! And what else could our theme be related to in October!? YES! It's all about spooky stuff!

https://vivalas.blogspot.de/2017/10/october-challenge.html

I made a tag with the "Skull" as my focal image. I love creating tags, because I think they are super versatile! You can use them on cards, in your planner, in your art journals, junk journals or mini albums and they have the perfect size to experiment with new products or techniques!
Sometimes I transfer the process I used on a tag to a spread in my journal or even onto a canvas.


This tag looks like a lot of work, but in the end it is really easy to achieve that look.

1. Stamp the Skull with black Archival Ink and mask it with masking fluid.
2. Make a Distress Oxide background. I used also different stamps to add texture to it (Frightful Fun and Folly, Row Of Jack-O-Lanterns, Halloween Tree Silhouette)
3. Use gesso to prime defined areas. I picked a stripe on the left border and a smaller one on the right.
4. Apply acrylic paint when the gesso is dry. Pick some colours that are working with your background. Most of the time you will get a great effect when you use complementary colours.
5. Add texture with stamps onto the dried painted areas and some black splatters to the background.
6. Remove the masking fluid.
7. Cut the Tim Holtz "Thorne Edge" from black glitter cardstock and arranged it together with the sentiment. I used a Tim Holtz word block die together with a gelli print scrap. I used Miracle Tape to adhere my embellishments.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Join our challenge here!
xx Susanne.





Supplies:
Viva Las VegaStamps:
Measuring Tape Section
Skull
I Wish My Life
Dead Letter Office
Frightful Fun and Folly
Row Of Jack-O-Lanterns
Halloween Tree Silhouette
Miracle Tape
Others:
Sizzix: Tim Holtz dies (Word Blocks and )
Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks by Tim Holtz
Ranger Archival Ink
Masking Fluid

1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! This is an awesome tag !! Congratulations !