Sunday, December 03, 2017

Sweater Weather

Hello everyone! Shanna here and I have a quick altered tag to give you some December Challenge inspiration.

Is this not a fabulous inspiration board for December! So much fun and it has my favorite color!!!! I do hope you take some time to play with us this month!


So I altered a quick tag and had fun with some paints and textured materials. 



So I had a total different plan for my tag and it DID NOT WORK! I originally wanted to use some gold foil paper with the background stamp but the glue was not working with me :(. So I changed gears fast.

Let's start with the base of the tag. I used two colors of Distress Paint to make the background. I sprayed with water and ran it through the paint and then heat set the paint. I love the messy look.


Then after my background stamp not working for the gold foil technique I stamped with black ink and then ran through some ideas before settling on a clean and simple textured fix. 


I don't have any photos of the stamping on canvas but it was pretty much that simple and cutting it out. I added a thin cheesecloth piece, adhering them by using a Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I also grabbed some random trim I had in a bin to finish off the tag. 

Here are some photos and up close shots. Get in the spirit of holiday and HAVE FUN!





Thank you for taking the time to stop by today!




Stamps Used:
Sweater Weather - 19304
Winter Woods Scene - 19793

Other Items:
Distress Paints
StazOn Black Ink
Trim
Canvas
Cheesecloth


No comments: