Tuesday, January 30, 2018

"She Was a Wildflower" scrapbook page | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here and I am excited to be sharing my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook page that features some fun photos of my fellow VLVS design team member Fiona Paltridge and I. The photos were taken at a scrapbooking retreat after I did a class with Fiona; and as soon as my latest batch of stamps arrived I knew I had the perfect stamps to document these pictures!


I started my page by using the Wildflowers Silhouette stamp several times across my page to create a "garden" for my background; then I added some colour using Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks (Marine, Berry and Mermaid) and a small brush; allowing the colour to run down the page. I also added some splatters of Lime ink around the edges of the flower silhouettes.


While my background was drying, I stamped a large Gossamer Butterfly image onto some extra cardstock, then coloured it using Faber-Castell watercolour pencils and a waterbrush. I then cut around it, and added some shimmer to the wings using a Colour Blast (Silver) Shimmer Brush Marker before sticking it down amongst my garden.


I used several stamps to create the quote at the top of my page:
I also used the Row of Chevrons stamp to help highlight it.


I used my very favourite Doodle Dots stamp to lightly stamp around where I had splattered the lime ink to add more depth to the background.
 

I then added my photos to my page (using Miracle Tape and some scrap cardboard to mount it up) before sticking the She Was a Wildflower quote (stamped onto cardstock with watercolour pencil used to highlight the edges) onto my photos.


I added some subtle pops of texture by creating a few small "flowers" from cotton thread, using enamel dots as the centres.
I also added some coordinating enamel dots to the butterfly body.


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this - I hope I have inspired you to get inky today!


Stamps used:
Wildflowers Silhouette
Gossamer Butterfly (large)
She Was
An Artist
She Was a Dreamer
She Was a Wildflower
Row of Chevrons
Doodle Dots

Other materials:
Miracle tape 1/2"
- Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks
- Colour Blast Shimmer Brush Marker
- Staz On ink
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- enamel dots
- cotton thread

1 comment:

by belle said...

Great page Sue!!