Monday, April 23, 2018

Mail Art Monday with Elina

Hi VLVS! Friend,
Elina with you today, sharing with you my latest project; an envelope for our Mail Art Monday!


Oh, how I love creating mail art envelopes! This time I wanted to play with colors, and to create an envelope that would for sure bring a smile to it's receiver's face. I think that the adorable Creepy Creatures by Leslie Wood were just the right choice for the project!

For decorating the envelope I used the easy masking stamping technique: In this technique you start with stamping first the images you want to appear on top. Then you continue working towards the back, masking the already stamped images before stamping the next layer. For creating the masks you can use special sticky masking paper, but simple fuzzy cut post it notes work very well, too.


For the layered leaf background I used green Memento ink. Black stamping ink would have made the background too busy, allowing the main images to disappear into it.

Before starting the coloring with my Promarkers, I placed a few sheets of scrap paper into the envelope which blocked the colors from messing up the back of the envelope.

Inspiration for the striped frame I got from the cute striped Creature's socks and shirt :)

For this mail art project I used the followint VLVS! stamps:
Creepy Striped Creature by Leslie Wood
Creepy Creature Sitting by Leslie Wood
Doodle Leaf
Doodle Frame

Other supplies:
White envelope
Promarkers for coloring
Black marker pen and a ruler for doodling the striped frame

Wishing you a wonderful week!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

Love love love!! This is fabulous

Elina Stromberg said...

Thank you Tera! ❤

by belle said...

Elina! This is such a fun envelope!