Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Be true

Hi guys.. Karen here with you again, Hope you have had a wonderful week.. Today It's  my turn to share with you my swap tag made using some amazing 7 Dots Studio .

I love all of their paper lines and find it so hard to pick which ones to use.  But for this one I've decided to use the reverse side of Deep Water from the 9th Wave collection.
 
 
 

- the colours in this line are just stunning!
 
 
 
I started off by covering my tag with the Deep Water paper.. I used the top left hand section to cover my tag so that I could get some of the more plain and the grungier sections of the paper on the one tag.
 
My next step was to ink up some VLVS Rubber...
 
 
Coffee Ring Stain 2 3/4 x 2 1/4
 
stamp with Distress Ink, I used both Walnut Stain and Black Soot at once to give it a bit depth. I then did the same with the Chicken Wire
 
Chicken Wire 3 3/4 x 4 1/2
 
 stamp, and randomly stamped both on the tag. I also stamped Be True
 
Be True 3/4 x 1 1/2
 
on a piece of the Deep water paper the same way to use in the ornate frame. The ornate frame has been painted with Antique Linen Distress crackle paint, and inked with a bit of black soot distress ink when dry.
 
The next thing I did was of course to sew around the edges with my trusty sewing machine.. To finish off I added in a fussy cut butterfly coloured with distress markers ,some wire and twine, a metal corner, and number and some gorgeous Star Confetti from UmWow Studio..
 
 
 
So don't forget to drop on by the 7 Dots Studio Blog for a visit!
 
 I'll see you a bit later in the month, Thanks so much for stopping by today..
 
Happy Stamping xxx
 
 

4 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

I love this! That paper is also yummy! You picked the perfect grungy corner and accents!!

Paula Cheney said...

true love.

Chark said...

love the soft inks you used. looks great!

Sandra Strait said...

Love the color and texture!